Thursday 25 March 2010

Editing - The Mirror Scene

For the mirror scene, we had to overlay two images in the mirror. To do this we used the Four-Point Garbage Matte which allowed us to cut part of one shot, the mirror, with the shot of me looking at my hands. This is what we set out to do as now it shows me panicking while in the mirror, Mary is in my body staring at me. Blood is pouring from my eyes in the mirror but not in real life. We then added a fast blur over the top so it covered up any gap in the mirror and made it look like Mary fades in. We had positioned the camera in my bath so we had a set position. This meant that the camera wouldn't be moving meaning the angle of both images would be the same. This was important because if they were at different angles it wouldn't look the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment